This carb-free pasta is super easy to make, incredibly delicious, and won't leave you feeling guilty and bloated. It is a perfectly refreshing and flavoursome dish to enjoy in the summer heat. This recipe uses a veggie spiralizer which can be purchased from most kitchen and homeware stores.
I have been living off this for almost a week now and I am still not sick of it. For that reason I thought I would share this guilt-free pasta recipe with you.
- 4 med-lrg zucchinis
- 8 med-lrg tomatoes (if using tinned tomatoes skip steps 1 & 2)
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced, diced, or crushed as desired)
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- Basil leaves
- Salt & pepper
1. Using your spiralizer, turn zucchini into long spaghetti-like strands. (if you don't own a spiralizer you can use a peeler to get a similar effect.)
2. Drop zucchini noodles into a pot of boiling water, cook for one minute and drain. (I personally don't do this, I prefer my noodles raw, cool, and crunchy.)
1. Cut a small cross in the base of each tomato, place in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 mins to lift skin.
2. Remove tomatoes from water and allow to cool. Use fingers to peel away skin and crush the tomatoes to a desired consistency.
3. Add olive oil and garlic to a warm pan and cook without browning. Add tomatoes. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
4. Tear basil leaves into the sauce, add salt & pepper to taste.
5. Serve and enjoy.